Qualified Diesel Mechanic
WDA are experiencing rapid growth currently due to the establishment of the AGCO dealership in Warrnambool. We are a farm machinery dealership for brands such as Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Iseki, amongst others. We also provide parts for and service all brands of farm machinery.
Reporting to the Workshop manager, we urgently require a Diesel Mechanic. Duties will include but not limited to the repairs and maintenance of harvesters, balers, tractors and onsite or in our workshop in Warrnambool.
The successful applicant will be required to possess a Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical - Diesel Fitter, possess good communication skills, work to strict time schedules both in the workshop and in the field unsupervised, be willing to be a part of a team environment, have the ability to diagnose, repair and service agricultural machinery and equipment and be willing to undertake additional training as required.
Experience with AGCO products, John Deere, Case iH, Hydraulics and electrical systems an advantage but not necessary. Training will be provided to the right candidate.
An example of the tasks required are listed below:
• Proven experience as a trade certified heavy diesel mechanic with an agricultural background.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both customers and your team.
• Carry out preseason appraisals and repairs to our customer’s machinery
• Working with a company that prides itself on its service to our loyal customer base
• Overtime available
• Onsite and workshop based
• Excellent diagnostic skills using computer systems and visual fault finding skills.
• The ability to be highly motivated to get jobs done.
• Knowledge of OHS procedures.
• Ability to work autonomously in the field.
• A current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
A self starter who shows initiative
Able to work without supervision at times
Be a positive member of an energetic team of professionals
Use your best judgement to overcome small conflicts
If you are looking to progress your career in the Agricultural industry, take pride in your work and enjoy being part of a successful team then this may be the role for you!
An outstanding remuneration package with above-award wages, laptop, mobile phone and company vehicle is on offer to the successful applicant. Overtime may also be available.
This is a full time position located at our Warrnambool dealership.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Applications can be made by emailing your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting the form.